January 31, 2023
The Board of Director has voted to implement the following “working” membership criteria:
- 5 hours volunteer time for an individual member and 10 hours volunteer time for a family per calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31). One (1) person from a family can contribute all 10 hours.
- Volunteer hours can be completed during work bees, U.P. State Fair, Labor Day weekend show, Christmas in the Village and any club activity where help is needed. Nicole Landers will be keeping track of volunteer hours.
- Lifetime members & shop owners are exempt from volunteer hour requirements.
- If volunteer hours are met during the year of 2023 the camping fee of $60.00 will be waived at our 2024 Labor Day weekend show.
- If volunteer hours are NOT met during the 2023 year, the camping fee of $60.00 will be charged to the member who is using a camping space at our 2024 Labor Day weekend show.
The Board has also voted that, beginning in 2024, non member exhibitors will be charged $60 for camping at our Labor Day show Thursday- Monday.
February 10, 2023
Soup & Pie Challenge Fundraiser
Saturday, April 22, 1-6 PM
Delta County Chamber of Commerce Event Room, Escanaba, Michigan
Proceeds will help fund the kids’ activities at our Annual Show
Awards for overall favorite, kids’ choice, and judges’ choice.
How to enter the challenge: Call or text Nicole Landers at 906 280-8453 with your name, business or organization, and what type of soup or pie you’ll be serving. On April 22, bring a tablecloth and either a roaster of your choice of soup (approximately 3 gallons) or 4 pies. You may enter both the soup and pie competitions. You are free to advertise your business or organization at your table.
How to eat: $10 for adults, $5 for kids 5-10 and kids under 5 eat free. You’ll get to try all of the soups and pies and vote for your favorites. Complimentary beverages will be provided.
February 12, 2023
We need help at the booth at the Kiwanis Home and Garden show on Saturday, April 15, from 9 AM – 7 PM and Sunday, April 16, from 9 AM – 2 PM. To volunteer, contact Nicole Landers at 906-280-8453.
February 16, 2023
We will be doing a bucket raffle at the Soup & Pie competition on April 22. If you’d like to donate a bucket, contact Nicole Landers at 906-280-8453.