April 2, 2023
New at our 2023 show! We’ve added a vintage chainsaw competition to this year’s Labor Day Weekend show. You can see antique sawmills in operation at 1 PM on Saturday, September 2, on the Tractor Pull field.
April 22, 2023
Winners of the Soup and Pie Challenge.
Judges choice for soup went to Joe with his chicken noodle.
Peoples choice for soup went to Bob with his vegetable beef barley
Kids Choice for soup went to John with his chicken dumplin’
Jackie Chambers won all ALL three pie awards for her delicious apple pie!
April 23, 2023
A HUGE thank you to those who came out, donated and helped make the Soup and Pie Challenge success!
Special thanks to:
Jack’s Restaurant Rapid River Michigan
Tony Beauchamp forest products
Tractor Supply Co.
Mary & Don French
Dew Drop Gladstone
John Derouin Jr
Delta County Republican Party
Cheesecakes by Becky
Lorraine Zawacki & Paul
April 30, 2023
Show off your creativity at our decorating contest during the 2023 show. Deck out a hay wagon, tractor, shopping cart (we provide them), bike, or golf cart for the Sunday morning judging.
May 1, 2023
The Board of Directors has approved proposed updates to the Association’s current By-Laws.
Click here to view the proposed changes. (Proposed changes are all in bold type with capital letters.)
Please direct any questions or concerns about the proposed changes to Jim Yoder, Association President.
The proposed changes will be voted on at the July 5 Membership Meeting.
January 31, 2023
The Board of Director has voted to implement the following “working” membership criteria:
- 5 hours volunteer time for an individual member and 10 hours volunteer time for a family per calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31). One (1) person from a family can contribute all 10 hours.
- Volunteer hours can be completed during work bees, U.P. State Fair, Labor Day weekend show, Christmas in the Village and any club activity where help is needed. Nicole Landers will be keeping track of volunteer hours.
- Lifetime members & shop owners are exempt from volunteer hour requirements.
- If volunteer hours are met during the year of 2023 the camping fee of $60.00 will be waived at our 2024 Labor Day weekend show.
- If volunteer hours are NOT met during the 2023 year, the camping fee of $60.00 will be charged to the member who is using a camping space at our 2024 Labor Day weekend show.
The Board has also voted that, beginning in 2024, non member exhibitors will be charged $60 for camping at our Labor Day show Thursday- Monday.
February 10, 2023
Soup & Pie Challenge Fundraiser
Saturday, April 22, 1-6 PM
Delta County Chamber of Commerce Event Room, Escanaba, Michigan
Proceeds will help fund the kids’ activities at our Annual Show
Awards for overall favorite, kids’ choice, and judges’ choice.
How to enter the challenge: Call or text Nicole Landers at 906 280-8453 with your name, business or organization, and what type of soup or pie you’ll be serving. On April 22, bring a tablecloth and either a roaster of your choice of soup (approximately 3 gallons) or 4 pies. You may enter both the soup and pie competitions. You are free to advertise your business or organization at your table.
How to eat: $10 for adults, $5 for kids 5-10 and kids under 5 eat free. You’ll get to try all of the soups and pies and vote for your favorites. Complimentary beverages will be provided.
February 12, 2023
We need help at the booth at the Kiwanis Home and Garden show on Saturday, April 15, from 9 AM – 7 PM and Sunday, April 16, from 9 AM – 2 PM. To volunteer, contact Nicole Landers at 906-280-8453.
February 16, 2023
We will be doing a bucket raffle at the Soup & Pie competition on April 22. If you’d like to donate a bucket, contact Nicole Landers at 906-280-8453.